There are many benefits of the moringa tree, but the health benefits are the most important. Research has shown that various parts of the moringa tree can be effective in a significant number of health concerns. Here’s a quick look at a few of them:
- Moringa is rich in . It contains four times more Vitamin A or beta-carotene than carrots. Hence, it is a weapon against blindness.
- It is also a rich source of many times more than oranges.
- Normally milk is said to be a rich source of calcium but the amount of calcium present in moringa leaves is way higher than in milk.
- The moringa leaves are said to contain two times the protein present in .
- Bananas are a rich source of potassium. But moringa leaves contain several times more potassium than bananas.
- Along with potassium, zinc is also found in large quantities in moringa.
- If moringa leaves were to be eaten by one and all, the world will be free of as it contains three times more iron than spinach.
- With all the junk food eaten these days, many people face problems of high cholesterol. Moringa helps in balancing the cholesterol levels in the body.
- Essential are also found in moringa.
- Moringa is also said to balance sugar levels, hence it is helpful in the fight against diabetes.
- The body's natural defense mechanism increases with the consumption of moringa in the daily diet pattern. Since it is an immunity-stimulant, it is prescribed for afflicted patients.
- Moringa leaves can be consumed to stimulate metabolism.
- It is also said to have digestive powers.
- It is a nutrition booster and is known to promote a feeling of well-being in people.
- If you are looking for non-sugar based energy, then moringa leaves is the answer. Thus, it will also help in the process.
- The cell structure of the body is stimulated by the moringa leaves.
- It is especially useful for lactating mothers. The consumption of moringa has shown dramatic increase in the quantity of breast milk.
- It is also famous for its anti-bacterial properties.
- The paste of the moringa leaves is said to beautify the skin and is hence applied by women regularly.
- It protects the liver and kidneys.
- It can also be used as a water purifier.
Moringa contains more than 90 nutrients and 46 types of antioxidants. With all the health benefits of moringa, it can easily be termed as the most nutritious plant on the face of the earth. There are no side-effects of moringa tree leaves which have been proved till date. At the same time it can be consumed by small children and adults alike. Therefore, many people have started using it in porridge, pastas, breads, etc., to reap the everlasting health benefits of the extraordinary 'moringa'.
According to Dr. Monica G.
Marcu, researcher and clinical pharmacologist, Moringa is unique
because, even in small amounts, it can supply daily a wide gamut
of vital nutrients with few calories.
Vitamin and mineral content are just the beginning. Moringa has 18 amino acids, including the eight essentials – the ones your body can not survive without but can not manufacture on its own; they must be supplied through diet.
Moringa is as good a source of roughage as carrots but has
quadruple the beta carotene content.
It also has plenty of omega-3 oils and chlorophyll, plus
45 compounds with antioxidant properties and 36 with
To the average Joe, Moringa is a simple way to manage many health problems. It can help reduce cholesterol and triglycerides, control blood sugar, and offer anti-aging and anti-inflammatory substances, many of which have anti-cancer properties.
Moringa is widely found in tropical and sub-tropical belts. It is a medicinal plant used in Central and South America, Mexico, Malaysia, Philippines, India, Sri Lanka and Africa.